The most popular tpe of smart drugs all belong to the racetam family. Smart drugs in the racetam family come in all shapes and sizes. Some racetams are more effective than others, and some racetams are designed to perform a specific task – like improving your memory. Here is a list of some of the best smart drugs available today – and how they can help you maximize the potential of your brain:
- Aniracetam: Aniracetam is a popular type of racetam. After its discovery in 1979, it has frequently been seen in drug stores in the United States and Europe. Today, anybody can order Aniracetam supplements from online retailers like Amazon. Aniracetam has been shown to sharpen memory and increase learning ability, and it also enhances communication between the left and right hand sides of the brain, making brain processes more efficient. In fact, some European doctors even prescribe Aniracetam in order to improve oxygen and nutrient flow to the brain. Those who are interested in taking Aniracetam should take between 1000mg to 2000mg twice per day.
- Piracetam: Piracetam tends to be the most popular type of racetam available today. As one of the oldest nootropic drugs in the world, Piracetam has a history of improving cognitive ability in patients. Instead of simply improving memory or allowing users to focus better, Piracetam tends to improve cognitive ability in many different ways. It’s been shown to prevent epilepsy, and doctors even use Piracetam to treat post-stroke aphasia, which is a serious neurological condition. Piracetam is significant because it enhances cognitive performance without acting as a sedative or a stimulant. So, while caffeine might enhance the brain, it does so by stimulating the brain’s processes. Piracetam, on the other hand, acts on ion channels and ion carriers in the brain. Users are suggested to take 800mg to 1600mg of Piracetam two to three times per day.
- Oxiracetam: In a test by V. Gallai et al., Oxiracetam was shown to improve test scores in terms of logical performance, memory, spatial orientation, and attention. In fact, that study concluded that Oxiracetam was more powerful than Piracetam for these purposes. In medical terms, Oxiracetam improves the functioning of the hippocampus by increasing membrane-bound PKC. Oxiracetam – like most other racetams – has extremely low levels of toxicity, which means users can safely take high dosages of it without any harmful side effects.
- Pramiracetam: Pramiracetam is one of the newest racetams available on the market today. While many of the other racetams listed here were developed in the 1960s, Pramiracetam wasn’t developed until the late 1970s. In studies, Pramiracetam was shown to improve general cognitive ability, including enhanced memory, attention, and focus. Like other types of racetams, the side effects of Pramiracetam are extremely mild and rare. When high dosages of Pramiracetam are taken, it could result in headaches, decreased appetite, and dizziness, but when taken at the recommended dose of between 75mg to 1000mg per day, Pramiracetam is extremely safe. Most healthy Pramiracetam users report no side effects whatsoever – even when taking the product for several weeks at a time.
- Phenylpiracetam: It’s suggested that Phenylpiracetam is thirty to sixty times more effective than other leading racetams like Piracetam. Currently, Phenylpiracetam is so powerful that it is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency from use in many sports – including the Olympics. Studies of Phenylpiracetam are minimal, and so far, the drug is only available in Russia, where it was first researched and developed. Its side effects have been shown to be more dangerous than other types of racetams, and Phenylpiracetam is difficult to obtain in western countries. In Russia, some doctors will prescribe Phenylpiracetam in order to increase tolerance to cold and reduce stress.
- Rolipram: Rolipram is different than other types of racetams. It’s mainly used as an anti-inflammatory drug, although recent studies have shown that Rolipram can be used to unlock a number of neurological benefits. It can increase wakefulness, for example, as well as improve long-term memory. Some studies have also linked Rolipram to anti-depressant properties and the amelioration of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s. As of yet, Rolipram research has been more limited than other types of racetams, and Rolipram isn’t as popular as alternatives like Piracetam.
Conclusion – choosing the right racetam for you
As you can see from the list of smart drugs above, all racetams improve cognitive ability in some form or another. Most racetams act as general cognitive enhancers, which means they improve the functioning of the brain in several different ways.
Piracetam tends to be the most popular and widespread racetam available today, although alternatives like Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, and Pramiracetam are also popular. Many of the racetams listed here can be easily purchased from vendors like Amazon without a prescription, and ordering racetams today can help anybody unlock the maximum potential of their brain.